"Blowing in the Wind"


Textile
Char Wirfs
17"x 20"
Hand stitched and embellished mini quilt collage. 
This was recently shown at Art Presence Art Gallery, Jacksonville, OR
506 B Fifth Street, Jacksonville, OR
April8 to May 29, 2022
http://art-presence.org
Hours: Friday Saturday and Sunday from noon to 5pm

  This was inspired by the tiny, snippet-bird stitchery thatI created during my stitch meditations. I searched through my fabric stash to find early summer colors and images to include with the tiny snippit into a larger collage. I added an embroidered seed head stitched on grey gauze to look like it was blowing in the wind. It all came together in a pleasing composition so I basted everything in place and started securing it in to this sweet mini quilt.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog